Graduate School of Architecture & Urban Design
The Sam Fox School combines the theoretical and practical, creating an environment where architects, landscape architects, and urban designers study alongside artists, curators, and theorists.
Students are supported and challenged throughout by dedicated faculty practitioners. Our scholars are dedicated to teaching while advancing research in sustainability, fabrication, housing, and socially engaged practice.
- Master of Architecture
- MArch3 - 6 semesters
- MArch2 - 4 semesters
- STEM-designated, accredited MArch programs offer a professional experience that focuses on the role of architects in society and culture.
- Master of Landscape Architecture
- MLA3 - 6 semesters
- MLA2 - 4 semesters
- Accredited, professional degree that allows students to become registered landscape architects. All programs are STEM-designated.
- Master of Urban Design
- 2 semesters + summer
- Post-professional program in which students focus on the transformation of cities in the 21st century and beyond.
- Master of Science in Advanced Architectural Design
- 3 semesters
- Post-professional program to pursue advanced design studies, research, and teaching preparation.
- Master of Science in Architectural Studies
- 2 semesters
- An opportunity to engage in research specialization or focus beyond what is possible with the professional degree programs.
Dual and Joint Degrees
- Expand your opportunities with a dual or joint degree.
- Dual degrees with MArch, MLA, and MUD
- Joint degrees with business, construction management, computer science & engineering, social work, and public health