Island Press will participate in Pressing Innovation: Printing Fine Art in the Upper Midwest, taking place February 14 through May 15, 2022, at the Chazen Museum of Art.
Pressing Innovation explores the history and work of fine-art printing presses in the Upper Midwest, focusing on each press’ distinct mission and contribution to printmaking in the late 20th and early 21st centuries.
The five presses featured are:
- Landfall Press, founded 1970 in Chicago
- Vermillion Editions, founded 1977 in Minneapolis
- Island Press, founded 1978 in St. Louis
- Tandem Press, founded 1987 in Madison, WI
- Highpoint Center for Printmaking, founded 2001 in Minneapolis