Do you have a digital fabrication endeavor you’d like to take on but can’t afford the materials? The Caleres Passion Project Fund is providing up to $500 toward materials for passion projects (not schoolwork) that students would like to research in digital fabrication.
This funding opportunity is open to all WashU students currently taking Sam Fox School courses.
Please submit a single pdf featuring the information below to firstname.lastname@example.org. The file name should be formatted as: Lastname-Firstname-Title.
- One paragraph describing the process (typed, not handwritten)
- Research and source images (1 – 5)
- Technical drawings (and/or) computer drawings (and/or) renderings
- BOM (bill of materials): This is an itemized list in table format with prices of all items needed
- List of enrolled courses for the current semester
Up to 5 projects will be selected each semester on a rolling basis; anticipated award dates are February 19, March 5, March 19, and April 9. Applications submitted early in the semester will be considered throughout the funding cycle for the semester. Applications will not carry over to the next semester.
Recipients of funds will be required to present their project at a lunch and learn session within two weeks of completion.